Flavorful Italian Soup Recipe
"I first tasted a soup similar to this at a restaurant. They wouldn't give me the recipe, so I went home and created my own," recalls Shirley Taylor of Russiaville, Indiana. "I like to serve this spicy soup with biscuits, breadsticks or corn bread."
- 1 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links link, casing removed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup canned sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash celery seed
- Dash garlic salt
- 1/3 cup broken uncooked spaghetti (2-inch pieces)
- Crumble sausage into a large saucepan; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain. Add the broth, water vegetables and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add spaghetti. Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes longer or until spaghetti and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Italian Soup in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p46
Reviews for Flavorful Italian Soup(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2011
my daughter even liked it-and she's picky!
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2009
I tried this recipe last year and my family loved it. I omitted the mushrooms and pasta. I plan on making it this year too. This time I will use hot italian sausage for more spice.
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Soups & Stews for Two >