Flavorful Italian Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 whole onion, studded with 2 whole cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup water or red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- Cooked egg noodles
- 1. Rub roast with salt. In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil. Add all remaining ingredients except noodles. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 2-3 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Discard onion. Remove roast; cut into slices. Serve over noodles with gravy. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 slice: 283 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Reviews for Flavorful Italian Pot Roast
"My husband just told me "I knocked it out of the park with this recipe"."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.