Flavorful Italian Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 whole onion, studded with 2 whole cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup water or red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- Cooked egg noodles
- 1. Rub roast with salt. In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil. Add all remaining ingredients except noodles. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 2-3 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Discard onion. Remove roast; cut into slices. Serve over noodles with gravy. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 283 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Reviews for Flavorful Italian Pot Roast
"My husband just told me "I knocked it out of the park with this recipe"."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.