Flavorful Herb Bread
"This bread is one of my favorites," reports Gerri Hamilton of Kingsville, Ontario. "It has a wonderful texture and slices beautifully, and the flavor of the herbs really comes through."
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
- 1 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In a bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions
- (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 125 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.