Flavorful Herb Bread Recipe
"This bread is one of my favorites," reports Gerri Hamilton of Kingsville, Ontario. "It has a wonderful texture and slices beautifully, and the flavor of the herbs really comes through."
- 1 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1. In a bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 125 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC