"This bread is one of my favorites," reports Gerri Hamilton of Kingsville, Ontario. "It has a wonderful texture and slices beautifully, and the flavor of the herbs really comes through."
- 1 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In a bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
Originally published as Flavorful Herb Bread in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p57
Reviews for Flavorful Herb Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review