Flavorful Grilled Flank Steak
This grilled flank steak can be served with a side dish for a more elegant entree or used to make fajitas at a casual gathering.
—Lana Tess, Lakeland, Florida
4 ServingsPrep: 15 + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate
- 1/2 cup for basting. Pour the remaining marinade into a large
- resealable plastic bag; add flank steak. Seal bag and turn to coat;
- refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade from steak. Grill, uncovered, over medium
- heat for 6-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with
- reserved marinade. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Yield: 4
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab