Flavorful Green Rice Recipe
Green onions and parsley give this rice its name, but the appealing flavor is what makes it memorable.—Karin Bailey, Golden, Colorado
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onions and parsley in oil and butter for 1 minute or until tender. Add rice; cook over medium heat until rice is coated with oil and translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in the broth, cayenne and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 240 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 505 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC