- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large saucepan, saute onions and parsley in oil and butter for 1 minute or until tender. Add rice; cook over medium heat until rice is coated with oil and translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in the broth, cayenne and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Flavorful Green Rice
"I have a family of 7 with 5 kids aged 23-14 so I usually have to double all recipes. In doubling it, I had only 2 bunches of green onions, so I added a large chopped onion. I also left out the cayenne. It was delicious. I am making it again tonight. I have decided also that in the near future I will make a very large batch of this and freeze for quick meals. Another thing I thought about doing is adding boneless chicken to the recipe for a one-dish meal. I will let you know how it turns out! Thanks!"
"We enjoyed this. I did substitute dried parsley and cut back slightly on the cayenne which still gave the rice a bit of a kick! It's a nice side dish."
"This has become a family favorite side dish. It's just wonderful!"