Flavorful Green Beans
Green beans are a quick-cooking vegetable to begin with but using the microwave moves things along even faster. I rely on canned green beans when time is really tight and I sometimes add extra bacon to give the dish even more flavor.—Ernestine Beoughter, Lawrenceville, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon real bacon bits
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 1-qt. -safe bowl, combine all ingredients. cover and cook on
- high for 4-5 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender, stirring once.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 44 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 334 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.