Flavorful Green Beans Recipe
Green beans are a quick-cooking vegetable to begin with but using the microwave moves things along even faster. I rely on canned green beans when time is really tight and I sometimes add extra bacon to give the dish even more flavor.—Ernestine Beoughter, Lawrenceville, Illinois
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon real bacon bits
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a 1-qt. -safe bowl, combine all ingredients. cover and cook on high for 4-5 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender, stirring once. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 44 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 334mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Flavorful Green Beans
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC