Marsha Murray says this tender chicken with its full-flavored sauce is a lifesaver on busy nights. "This entree is quick to prepare and uses ingredients I always have on hand," says the Niverville, Manitoba reader. "It has become a family favorite."
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- Hot mashed potatoes or cooked rice
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine soup, orange juice and soup mix; pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over potatoes or rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Fryer Chicken in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p11
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Flavorful Fryer Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2012
"This recipe is delicious, easy to make, and my kids loved it! I will definately make this for dinner again, and I recommend you try it too!"