Marsha Murray says this tender chicken with its full-flavored sauce is a lifesaver on busy nights. "This entree is quick to prepare and uses ingredients I always have on hand," says the Niverville, Manitoba reader. "It has become a family favorite."
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- Hot mashed potatoes or cooked rice
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine soup, orange juice and soup mix; pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over potatoes or rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Fryer Chicken in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p11
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Flavorful Fryer Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2012
"This recipe is delicious, easy to make, and my kids loved it! I will definately make this for dinner again, and I recommend you try it too!"