Flavorful Frittata Recipe
Basil adds Italian flair to this frittata, a cheesy egg dish that cooks on the stove top. Canned mushrooms and store-bought spaghetti sauce cut seconds off the prep time. Spicy pork sausage add to the appeal, but it's tasty when made with ham, too.—Annette Self, Junction City, Ohio
- 1 cup cooked Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce, warmed
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the sausage, onion and mushrooms in oil until onion is tender. Meanwhile,in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, basil and salt; pour over sausage mixture.
- 2. As eggs set, lift edges, allowing uncooked portion to flow underneath. When eggs are nearly set, sprinkle with cheese. Cook until the cheese is melted. Cut into wedges; serve with spaghetti sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 258 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 345mg cholesterol, 805mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Flavorful Frittata
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC