Flavorful Frittata Recipe
- 1 cup cooked bulk pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional, warmed
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the sausage, onion and mushrooms in oil until onion is tender. Meanwhile,in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, basil and salt; pour over sausage mixture.
- 2. As eggs set, lift edges, allowing uncooked portion to flow underneath. When eggs are nearly set, sprinkle with cheese. Cook until the cheese is melted. Cut into wedges; serve with spaghetti sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 258 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 345 mg cholesterol, 805 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.