Flavorful Flounder Recipe
- 2 pounds flounder or sole fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Coat a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 14 in. x 14 in.) with cooking spray. Place fillets on foil; brush with lemon juice. Crimp foil, forming edges. Place foil flat on the grill (do not seal). Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4 minutes. Combine Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise, onions and salt; brush over fillets. Grill 3-4 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 272 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 28g protein
Reviews for Flavorful Flounder
"Good flavor, really soft fish."
"This is delicious! I didn't have any onions so I used onion salt for both the onions and the salt. Next time, I will probably leave out the salt completely and I think the onions would make it even better. This is the only way I plan to make flounder from now on."
"Read, re-read and husband read to see where I could have gone wrong. I didn't. Followed recipe as written. The flounder fell apart when the "sauce", which was very thick, was put on the fish. The parmesan cheese was overpowering to me. It had a unique flavor, but not something we would want again."
"Great recipe and very easy. The fish remained moist and delicious. I would probably try to cut down on the amount of butter used but other than that my husband and I loved it."
"The fish had a great buttery taste. I had purchased a 1 lb bag of individually wrapped flounder filets. The filets were very thin but there were many of them, so I still made a full recipe of the sauce. Very simple and will make again."
"I make a lighter version of this - it was very good."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.