- 2 pounds flounder or sole fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Coat a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 14 in. x 14 in.) with cooking spray. Place fillets on foil; brush with lemon juice. Crimp foil, forming edges. Place foil flat on the grill (do not seal). Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4 minutes. Combine Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise, onions and salt; brush over fillets. Grill 3-4 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flavorful Flounder
"Good flavor, really soft fish."
"This is delicious! I didn't have any onions so I used onion salt for both the onions and the salt. Next time, I will probably leave out the salt completely and I think the onions would make it even better. This is the only way I plan to make flounder from now on."
"Read, re-read and husband read to see where I could have gone wrong. I didn't. Followed recipe as written. The flounder fell apart when the "sauce", which was very thick, was put on the fish. The parmesan cheese was overpowering to me. It had a unique flavor, but not something we would want again."
"Great recipe and very easy. The fish remained moist and delicious. I would probably try to cut down on the amount of butter used but other than that my husband and I loved it."
"The fish had a great buttery taste. I had purchased a 1 lb bag of individually wrapped flounder filets. The filets were very thin but there were many of them, so I still made a full recipe of the sauce. Very simple and will make again."