"When my grandparents lived in the Florida Keys, Grandpop went fishing every day," recalls Tammy Sanborn of Alto, Michigan. "They ate fish often, so Grandmom had to find creative ways to serve it. The Parmesan cheese in this fast recipe adds just the right flavor."
- 2 pounds flounder or sole fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Coat a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 14 in. x 14 in.) with cooking spray. Place fillets on foil; brush with lemon juice. Crimp foil, forming edges. Place foil flat on the grill (do not seal). Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4 minutes. Combine Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise, onions and salt; brush over fillets. Grill 3-4 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Flounder in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p22
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flavorful Flounder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review