Flavorful Flank Steak
"This is a variation of an old Southern recipe with a Texas twist," relates Janice Montiverdi, Sugar Land, Texas. "I've been making it at least once a month for the last 15 years. The overnight marinade gives the beef a wonderful taste."
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight
- ingredients. Add the steak; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate
- for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot
- heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°) Slice steak across the grain.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3 ounces cooked meat, prepared with reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 235 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 343 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,