Flavorful Flank Steak Recipe
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Add the steak; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°) Slice steak across the grain. Yield: 6 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 235 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 24g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Flavorful Flank Steak
"We made this for a fancy Valentine's Day dinner at home. So yummy!~ Theresa"
"This is ABSOLUTELY the only way to marinate what I call a London Broil.SO GOOD!!!"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.