"This is a variation of an old Southern recipe with a Texas twist," relates Janice Montiverdi, Sugar Land, Texas. "I've been making it at least once a month for the last 15 years. The overnight marinade gives the beef a wonderful taste."
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Add the steak; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°) Slice steak across the grain. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Flank Steak in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p10
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Flavorful Flank Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2014
"We made this for a fancy Valentine's Day dinner at home. So yummy!~ Theresa"
Reviewed May. 14, 2010
"This is ABSOLUTELY the only way to marinate what I call a London Broil.SO GOOD!!!"