"I'll often add leftover ham, pork or shrimp to this dish," indicates Edna Coburn of Tucson, Arizona.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook fettuccine in boiling water
- for 5 minutes. Add spinach and red pepper; return to a boil. Cook
- for 4-5 minutes or until pasta is tender; drain and set aside. In a
- large saucepan, combine cornstarch, bouillon and milk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in cottage cheese and nutmeg. Add
- fettuccine and vegetables; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan
- cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 234 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 564 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as