Flavorful Fettuccine Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook fettuccine in boiling water for 5 minutes. Add spinach and red pepper; return to a boil. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until pasta is tender; drain and set aside. In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch, bouillon and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in cottage cheese and nutmeg. Add fettuccine and vegetables; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 234 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 564 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.