"I'll often add leftover ham, pork or shrimp to this dish," indicates Edna Coburn of Tucson, Arizona.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook fettuccine in boiling water for 5 minutes. Add spinach and red pepper; return to a boil. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until pasta is tender; drain and set aside. In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch, bouillon and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in cottage cheese and nutmeg. Add fettuccine and vegetables; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Fettuccine in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p18
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Flavorful Fettuccine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2013
"cooking fettucini for 10 minutes 8 minutes sound a little long.I cooked them seperate and it was great."