- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook fettuccine in boiling water for 5 minutes. Add spinach and red pepper; return to a boil. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until pasta is tender; drain and set aside. In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch, bouillon and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in cottage cheese and nutmeg. Add fettuccine and vegetables; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Fettuccine in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p18
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Flavorful Fettuccine(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2013
cooking fettucini for 10 minutes 8 minutes sound a little long.
I cooked them seperate and it was great.