Flavorful Dried Fruit Bars Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dried plums
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine water, dates, plums and raisins. Cook over medium heat until fruit is softened, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in butter until melted. Cool. Stir in egg substitute and vanilla. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients; stir in fruit mixture.
- 2. Spread into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 171 calories, 8g fat (0g saturated fat), 0.550mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1-1/2 fat
Reviews for Flavorful Dried Fruit Bars
"These were flavorful and imparted a wonderful aroma as they baked."
"Wonderful recipe. I made it gluten free and my fussy daughter loves them"