"These yummy bars are packed with naturally sweet fruit and tasty spices, so no one even misses the sugar," assures field editor Ruth Seitz from Columbus Junction, Iowa.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dried plums
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, combine water, dates, plums and raisins. Cook over medium heat until fruit is softened, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in butter until melted. Cool. Stir in egg substitute and vanilla. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients; stir in fruit mixture.
- Spread into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Dried Fruit Bars in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p17
Reviews for Flavorful Dried Fruit Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2014
"These were flavorful and imparted a wonderful aroma as they baked."
Reviewed May. 16, 2010
"Wonderful recipe. I made it gluten free and my fussy daughter loves them"