- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 2 pounds frozen cooked crawfish tails, thawed
- Hot cooked rice
- In a Dutch oven, whisk flour and oil until smooth. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir 10 minutes longer or until mixture is reddish-brown.
- Add the green pepper, onion and celery; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, paprika, lemon juice and Creole seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir in crawfish and heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Crawfish Etouffee in Country Extra September 2004, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flavorful Crawfish Etouffee
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review