Flavorful Cranberry Meat Loaf Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 3 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Pour over meat loaf. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until the meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 333 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 949 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.