Flavorful Cranberry Gelatin Mold
A little port or Merlot wine offers a tasty twist to this traditional gelatin that also features pineapple and walnuts. I make it for holiday dinners, especially when turkey or ham is served.
—Jenice Gibson of Oregon City, Oregon
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup port wine or red grape juice
- Mint leaves for garnish, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in the
- pineapple, cranberry sauce, walnuts and wine.
- Pour into a 5-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Run a knife through
- the gelatin mixture to evenly distribute the fruit. Refrigerate
- 2-1/2 hours or until firm.
- Unmold onto a serving plate. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 193 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.