A little port or Merlot wine offers a tasty twist to this traditional gelatin that also features pineapple and walnuts. I make it for holiday dinners, especially when turkey or ham is served. —Jenice Gibson of Oregon City, Oregon
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup port wine or red grape juice
- Mint leaves for garnish, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in the pineapple, cranberry sauce, walnuts and wine.
- Pour into a 5-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Run a knife through the gelatin mixture to evenly distribute the fruit. Refrigerate 2-1/2 hours or until firm.
- Unmold onto a serving plate. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Cranberry Gelatin Mold in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p39
Reviews for Flavorful Cranberry Gelatin Mold
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2014
"I want to make this for Thanksgiving but want to use red grape juice but can't find it in the grocery stores. Can I use cranberry/raspberry? Can't rate because I haven't made it yet."