- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each), split lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; sprinkle over hens. In a large skillet, cook hens over medium-high heat in oil until browned on both sides. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute green onions and garlic until tender. Stir in broth and orange juice concentrate; pour over hens. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until meat is tender and juices run clear. To serve, drizzle with pan juices and sprinkle with almonds and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cornish Game Hens in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p20
Reviews for Flavorful Cornish Game Hens
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2009
"These hens were SO delicious! I have used the spice rub 3 times in about a month! My whole family thinks these are terrific. Thank you for such a yummy recipe!"