Flavorful Confetti Chowder
My mom always had flavorful soups simmering on the stove during long workday on our cattle ranch. She inspired me to create my on rib-sticking recipes like this.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups milk, divided
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a
- boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12
- minutes or until vegetables are tender. Combine cornstarch with 1/2
- cup milk until smooth; gradually add to soup, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add remaining milk;
- heat through, stirring frequently. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 479 calories, 48 g fat (29 g saturated fat), 137 mg cholesterol, 1,438 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.