Flavorful Company Meat Loaf Recipe
The combination of ingredients in this moist, tasty meat loaf is unbeatable. When entertaining, it's nice to be able to visit with my company while dinner's in the oven. - Donna Biel, La Valle, Wisconsin
- 3/4 cup V8 juice
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Crumble beef and pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Drizzle with ketchup. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Company Meat Loaf in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p43
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Flavorful Company Meat Loaf(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review