- 3/4 cup V8 juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Crumble beef and pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Drizzle with ketchup. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Company Meat Loaf in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p43
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Flavorful Company Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review