Whenever I saw my mother mixing up a big bowl of coleslaw, I knew she was expecting a houseful of guests to share our meal. Those were always exciting times for me since I loved company! Besides, this slaw was one of my favorite treats at any time.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 large unpeeled Granny Smith apple, shredded
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, apple, celery and onion. Mix
- thoroughly. In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; stir into
- coleslaw. Refrigerate for several hours before serving. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 145 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.