Whenever I saw my mother mixing up a big bowl of coleslaw, I knew she was expecting a houseful of guests to share our meal. Those were always exciting times for me since I loved company! Besides, this slaw was one of my favorite treats at any time.
Recommended: 20 Slider Recipes
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 large unpeeled Granny Smith apple, shredded
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, apple, celery and onion. Mix thoroughly. In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; stir into coleslaw. Refrigerate for several hours before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Coleslaw in Reminisce July/August 1993, p49
Reviews for Flavorful Coleslaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 12, 2012
"I have made this and put the recipe in my recipe box and realized I never rated it. It is a good basic coleslaw and I don't like all coleslaw recipes."
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2012