Flavorful Coleslaw Recipe
Whenever I saw my mother mixing up a big bowl of coleslaw, I knew she was expecting a houseful of guests to share our meal. Those were always exciting times for me since I loved company! Besides, this slaw was one of my favorite treats at any time.
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 large unpeeled Granny Smith apple, shredded
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, apple, celery and onion. Mix thoroughly. In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; stir into coleslaw. Refrigerate for several hours before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Coleslaw in Reminisce July/August 1993, p49
Reviews for Flavorful Coleslaw(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review