Try your hand at this stress-free chicken dish from Denise Ahlers of Freeburg, Illinois. Perfectly portioned for two, the chicken is tender and moist, and its flavory coating has all the “right stuff.”
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a shallow bowl, combine butter and soy sauce; dip chicken on both
- sides. Place in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with the Parmesan
- cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic salt and paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 200 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 479 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.