Flavorful Chicken Rolls
This is a great main course for dinner guests...and they never believe how easy it is. The creamy feta-basil filling can be made early and refrigerated until needed. Deli ham and packaged spinach leaves further cut prep time.
5 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 5 thin slices deli ham
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 to 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a single layer of
- spinach over chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, feta cheese, basil and
- pepper until blended; spread over spinach. Top each chicken breast
- with a ham slice, trimming if necessary. Roll up and secure with
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and milk. Place bread crumbs in another
- bowl. Dip chicken rolls in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs.
- Place seam side down in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is
- no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 5 servings.