- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 5 thin slices deli ham
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 to 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a single layer of spinach over chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, feta cheese, basil and pepper until blended; spread over spinach. Top each chicken breast with a ham slice, trimming if necessary. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and milk. Place bread crumbs in another bowl. Dip chicken rolls in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs.
- Place seam side down in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Flavorful Chicken Rolls
"I made this chicken last night and it was delicious! I didn't have feta cheese on hand, so I used shredded mozzarella instead. My husband asked how I got the chicken so tender. I love the layer of spinach. I will make this again!"
"My picky husband and 10-yr-old son both really loved this. Neither even noticed the spinach, and my little boy had two portions! The bread crumbs on the outside we're a bit dry and crumbly, but that may have been the type I used. Assembly was easy but a bit time consuming. Definitely something I will make again."