Flavorful Chicken Roll-Ups Recipe
These chicken roll-ups taste as though they came from a fancy French restaurant, but they're so simple to make.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 package (10 ounces) sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/3-in. thickness. Place one cheese slice on each piece of chicken; roll up tightly. Secure with a toothpick.
- 2. Place the flour, eggs and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Coat chicken with flour. Dip in beaten eggs, then coat with bread crumbs.
- 3. Place seam side down in an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine the butter and oregano; drizzle over the chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 500 calories, 30 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 211 mg cholesterol, 597 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC