- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 package (10 ounces) sliced Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Flatten chicken to 1/3-in. thickness. Place one cheese slice on each piece of chicken; roll up tightly. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place the flour, eggs and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Coat chicken with flour. Dip in beaten eggs, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Place seam side down in an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine the butter and oregano; drizzle over the chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Flavorful Chicken Roll-Ups
Sort By :
"Very easy to make, but next time I will use Swiss cheese instead of the mozzarella and maybe season the chicken with something too. But it was tasty and the family liked it alot!"
"This dish is wonderful. My daughter asks for these all the time. I lightened it up by using reduced fat cheese (6 ounces instead of 10) and light butter (1/4 cup instead of a 1/2 cup). Still absolutely delicious and trimmed the calories back to 351 per serving with only 12 grams of fat.Be sure to try this recipe - WONDERFUL!"