Flavorful Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 3/4 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with garlic salt. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 2. Stir in the tomatoes, basil and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Stir in vinegar. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3. Add olives; heat through. Stir in sour cream until blended (do not boil). Drain pasta; stir into chicken mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 368 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 632mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Flavorful Chicken Pasta
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.