“I came up with this recipe in college, hoping for a fancy, healthy dish to feed my roommate and me without any leftovers,” writes Kathy Armstrong of Post Falls, Idaho. “This pasta is excellent served with a green salad and warmed French bread.”
Recommended: 37 Light Pasta Recipes with Big Flavor
- 3/4 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with garlic salt. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in the tomatoes, basil and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Stir in vinegar. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add olives; heat through. Stir in sour cream until blended (do not boil). Drain pasta; stir into chicken mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Chicken Pasta in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p7
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Flavorful Chicken Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review