“I came up with this recipe in college, hoping for a fancy, healthy dish to feed my roommate and me without any leftovers,” writes Kathy Armstrong of Post Falls, Idaho. “This pasta is excellent served with a green salad and warmed French bread.”
Recommended: 50 Pasta Recipes from Around the World
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with garlic salt. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in the tomatoes, basil and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Stir in vinegar. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add olives; heat through. Stir in sour cream until blended (do not boil). Drain pasta; stir into chicken mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Chicken Pasta in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p7
Reviews forFlavorful Chicken Pasta
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2012
"This was delicious! I doubled the recipe and used bowtie pasta because it's what I had on hand. Will definitely make again."