Flavorful Chicken Marinara for Two Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope garlic-herb soup mix, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce or Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional, warmed
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cut a pocket in each chicken breast half, leaving meat attached on one side. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 teaspoons soup mix until blended. Stuff into chicken pockets; secure with toothpicks. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the water, oil and remaining soup mix; pour over chicken.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Divide pasta between two small baking dishes. Top with chicken and marinara sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-6 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese and 1/4 cup mozzarella equals 594 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 1,547 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 48 g protein.