Flavorful chicken boasts a creamy filling in this suppertime standout from Danielle Rogers of Greer, South Carolina.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope garlic-herb soup mix, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce, warmed
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- Cut a pocket in each chicken breast half, leaving meat attached on one side. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 teaspoons soup mix until blended. Stuff into chicken pockets; secure with toothpicks. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the water, oil and remaining soup mix; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Divide pasta between two small baking dishes. Top with chicken and marinara sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-6 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Marinara in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p27
Reviews for Flavorful Chicken Marinara for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2011
"I love this recipe, and make it often. I've received many compliments on it. The soup mix gives a wonderful flavor, and the herb cream cheese in the center is the perfect touch."