Flavorful chicken boasts a creamy filling in this suppertime standout from Danielle Rogers of Greer, South Carolina.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope garlic-herb soup mix, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce, warmed
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut a pocket in each chicken breast half, leaving meat attached on one side. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 teaspoons soup mix until blended. Stuff into chicken pockets; secure with toothpicks. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the water, oil and remaining soup mix; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Divide pasta between two small baking dishes. Top with chicken and marinara sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-6 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Marinara in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p27
Reviews for Flavorful Chicken Marinara for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2011
"I love this recipe, and make it often. I've received many compliments on it. The soup mix gives a wonderful flavor, and the herb cream cheese in the center is the perfect touch."