- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Discard marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flavorful Chicken Fajitas
"We just finish dinner and I got nice complements about this fajitas. I did it exactly as you say and they were amazing. IServed some tortillas but also some Boston lettuce leaves for those who I knew were going to have more than one.Definitely I will make them ofte.Thanks so much."
"Outstanding! Followed recipe exactly except used a pre-chopped fajita veggie mix from the produce aisle. Could not have been quicker or easier! Thanks!"
"This is an amazing fajita recipe! We had them last night & my whole family LOVED them! I made the recipe exact (including red pepper flakes) except I did allow the chicken to marinate over night. My family used to love the Applebee's sizzling fajita skillet & they took it off the menu...I tried a couple copy cat recipes & none were that close. THIS is almost exactly like it & my son asked how I got the recipe from them! I will be making this very often & am so glad this popped up in Pinterest for me!"
"I'm a Volunteer Filed Editor and I love testing out recipes. The marinade in this recipe was just right! We really enjoyed the flavours in this dish. I cut everything up and let it sit while I got the kids from school. It was nice to have the prep work done ahead of time as this allowed me to help the kids with homework right up till it was time to cook supper!"
"Hands down this is a great chicken fajita recipe. I've tasted them before but never made them. This is the first time I ever made chicken fajitas.....lets just say that this recipe is definitely being added to my recipe book. The marinade is divine and packs a lot of flavor. I didnt let it sit for 24 hours. It was late so i let it sit for an hour and a half tops. That was all the time i needed. It was delicious. The marinade was so good that i could have eaten the chicken by itself. I'll will for sure be using this marinade for other recipes as well. My husband and son loved it. Cant wait to share this with my sisters at service."
"Thank you for a delicious and wonderful recipe. I followed the recipe to a tee , but I allowed my chicken to marinate overnight, I highly recommend doing so! The chicken was moist and the flavors were 10 times better then any fajita packet from the grocery store! My 2 yr old gobbled the chicken down and kept asking for more! This will be in our weekly rotation!! Please try this recipe and you won't be disappointed!!"
"I made this without letting the chicken marinate because I was in a hurry and it was awesome. I'm sure it would be even better if it had time to marinate for a while. I usually use store bought fajita seasoning but didn't have any so used this recipe. The combination of seasonings was perfect and much better than what I have used from the store. This recipe is a keeper."
"First time making this dish without measuring, just put it all together and it is AWESOME! I WILL BE MAKING THIS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN! Easy to making, not time consuming!! I love it!!!! I give it 10 Stars!!!"
"I have now made these twice and they are the best fajitas I have EVER made!!!! But as some have commented, much better after marinating for at least 24 hours! The longer, the more flavorful!!!! Better than most restaurants!"
"Fantastic! Will certainly make again and again......"