- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Discard marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flavorful Chicken Fajitas
Sort By :
"My family and I really enjoyed this fajita recipe! Delicious! I didn't add the pepper flakes because my 3 year old wouldn't eat it like that. We also added black beans, lettuce, guacamole, sour cream, salsa and cheese to our fajitas. :)"
"Very good recipe. I cut the chicken in strips after it's cooked."
"Absolutely Delicious! I made this for myself, my hubby and our 7 year old daughter and it was a hit! I doubled the chicken and marinade and used whole green, red and yellow bell peppers. A quick, simple and great meal!"
"This was absolutely delicious! I used lime juice instead of lemon juice. I marinated for 2 hrs and the chicken was really tender when I threw it in the pan. I know this should be common sense, but be sure to mix the marinade up in the baggy before adding the chicken so it distributes evenly. If you use hot Mexican chili powder use far less than the recipe states! Super spicy. I added mango slices to the pan toward the end of cooking time and added avocado and tomato on top of my tortilla. Mmmmm mango."