- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Discard marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flavorful Chicken Fajitas
"My husband and I LOVE this recipe! Better than fajitas from a Mexican restaurant."
"Excellent recipe!! Made as is except for using a bag of frozen bell peppers and onions. Definite keeper!!"
"This was very delicious. I used organic chicken breast tenderloins."
"This is the absolute best fajita I ever ate!!! I like more veggies, so I'll add another pepper and some julienned onion the next time. However, it was totally wonderful just as written."
"Saving this one!!! Although I only used the marinade, this is a keeper. I had roasted a whole chicken to use during the week. I wanted to do some chicken tacos and wanted a superior flavoring for the meat. I found this and it was perfect for what I wanted.. I mixed it up and let my chicken rest in this marinade for a bit and tossed it into the skillet to heat it up. It came out soooo goooood. I will be keeping this for sure! Thank you for sharing!"
"Easy weeknight dinner!"
"Easy to prep, make, cook and oh so tasty."
"Delicious and flavorful! I doubled the seasoning and used one whole each of red, yellow, and green bell pepper and one whole onion sliced (not too thin) just like they do at my favorite Mexican restaurant. I made Spanish rice to go with our meal. Definitely a keeper!"