- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Discard marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flavorful Chicken Fajitas
Sort By :
"Quick and incredible!!!! Awesome to have on hand! Will make over and over!"
"I marinated the chicken a full day and it seemed to be missing something. We happen to like a little more spice. I agree with other reviewers that it might be better with lime, but I didn't have any. . I probably won't use this recipe again."
"My husband just asked that I cook more peppers and onions next time. My teen boys and their friend ate it and loved it also, amazing! They loved the slight spice that was just the right level for them."
"We did enjoy the fajitas, but I like it better with lime as opposed to lemon and I add a sauce for a little extra zip."
"This is a fantastic recipe! It's super easy and the result is delicious."