- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Discard marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flavorful Chicken Fajitas
"Hands down this is a great chicken fajita recipe. I've tasted them before but never made them. This is the first time I ever made chicken fajitas.....lets just say that this recipe is definitely being added to my recipe book. The marinade is divine and packs a lot of flavor. I didnt let it sit for 24 hours. It was late so i let it sit for an hour and a half tops. That was all the time i needed. It was delicious. The marinade was so good that i could have eaten the chicken by itself. I'll will for sure be using this marinade for other recipes as well. My husband and son loved it. Cant wait to share this with my sisters at service."
"Thank you for a delicious and wonderful recipe. I followed the recipe to a tee , but I allowed my chicken to marinate overnight, I highly recommend doing so! The chicken was moist and the flavors were 10 times better then any fajita packet from the grocery store! My 2 yr old gobbled the chicken down and kept asking for more! This will be in our weekly rotation!! Please try this recipe and you won't be disappointed!!"
"I made this without letting the chicken marinate because I was in a hurry and it was awesome. I'm sure it would be even better if it had time to marinate for a while. I usually use store bought fajita seasoning but didn't have any so used this recipe. The combination of seasonings was perfect and much better than what I have used from the store. This recipe is a keeper."
"First time making this dish without measuring, just put it all together and it is AWESOME! I WILL BE MAKING THIS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN! Easy to making, not time consuming!! I love it!!!! I give it 10 Stars!!!"
"I have now made these twice and they are the best fajitas I have EVER made!!!! But as some have commented, much better after marinating for at least 24 hours! The longer, the more flavorful!!!! Better than most restaurants!"
"Fantastic! Will certainly make again and again......"
"Best fajita seasoning EVER! I always increase the veggies, usually 3-4 bell peppers and 2 onions.I never get fajitas at restaurants now because they're always so disappointing. Nothing is as flavorful as this recipe."
"Like a dumb ass, I've been using a store bought seasoning package when I came across this recipe n discovered that I have all these ingediants at home! It is spectacular! My picky kids ate ever morsal. Defanetly going to make this a regular dish."
"I so agree with all the 5 star ratings for this recipe. It is truly wonderful. The chicken is perfectly seasoned. Do not hesitate to try this recipe. I will be making this one alot more often."
"Absolutely outstanding! These fajitas are better than the ones at my favorite Mexican restaurant. I made the following modifications: tripled the bell pepper/onion and added a coarsely-chopped tomato during the last few minutes of cooking the chicken. I also used heaping measuring spoons of all the spices. Served with sour cream and guacamole salad, there were no leftovers!"