- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Discard marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Flavorful Chicken Fajitas
"I have now made these twice and they are the best fajitas I have EVER made!!!! But as some have commented, much better after marinating for at least 24 hours! The longer, the more flavorful!!!! Better than most restaurants!"
"Fantastic! Will certainly make again and again......"
"Best fajita seasoning EVER! I always increase the veggies, usually 3-4 bell peppers and 2 onions.I never get fajitas at restaurants now because they're always so disappointing. Nothing is as flavorful as this recipe."
"Like a dumb ass, I've been using a store bought seasoning package when I came across this recipe n discovered that I have all these ingediants at home! It is spectacular! My picky kids ate ever morsal. Defanetly going to make this a regular dish."
"I so agree with all the 5 star ratings for this recipe. It is truly wonderful. The chicken is perfectly seasoned. Do not hesitate to try this recipe. I will be making this one alot more often."