Flavorful Carrots Recipe
When my mom passed away, I went through her cookbooks to find the favorite recipes she prepared for our family gatherings. These tasty carrots were one of them.—Kathryn Gleason, Unadilla, New York
- 5 cups sliced carrots
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and place carrots in a bowl; add green pepper and onion.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, salt, lemon peel and pepper until smooth. Pour over vegetables; gently stir to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Flavorful Carrots
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC