When my mom passed away, I went through her cookbooks to find the favorite recipes she prepared for our family gatherings. These tasty carrots were one of them.Kathryn Gleason, Unadilla, New York
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 cups sliced carrots
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain and place carrots in a bowl; add green pepper and onion.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, salt, lemon peel and pepper
- until smooth. Pour over vegetables; gently stir to coat. Yield: 6