Flavorful Breaded Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1. Place flour in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, beat the egg whites, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and hot pepper sauce. In a third dish, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, thyme, salt and paprika. Coat pork chops with flour. Dip into egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Place on a plate; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Place chops in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; spritz chops with butter-flavored spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving equals 250 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 372 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 0.55 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Flavorful Breaded Pork Chops
"I made these but used 1" thick pork chops. The flavor and the breading was great but the chops were just too big, next time I will just stick with the suggested 1/2" chops."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.