Flavorful Braised Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Combine seasonings; sprinkle over pork chops. In a nonstick skillet, cook chops in oil until browned on both sides. Add water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until tender. Remove meat and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons gravy equals 180 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.