- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Combine seasonings; sprinkle over pork chops. In a nonstick skillet, cook chops in oil until browned on both sides. Add water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until tender. Remove meat and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Flavorful Braised Pork Chops
"I have made this recipe several times and my family loves it. I like the savory flavor and how easy it is, and it always turns out good."
"This was very good, I didn't have low sodium broth and used regular but in such a small amount of broth I wasn't to concerned. Yummy"