"I'm always looking for recipes that are low-calorie and sugar- and salt-free to fix for my husband—he's diabetic and prone to high blood pressure," writes Shirley Antaya of Arab, Alabama, who shared the recipe for these tender chops.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Combine seasonings; sprinkle over pork chops. In a nonstick skillet, cook chops in oil until browned on both sides. Add water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until tender. Remove meat and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Braised Pork Chops in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p11
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Flavorful Braised Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review