Flavorful Black-Eyed Pea Soup
I’M delighted to share this flavorful recipe with Reminisce readers. It’s easy, delicious and can be made in very little time. Once you try it, it will become one of your favorite light meals.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a
- slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute
- longer. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Bring to a
- boil. Stir in black-eyed peas and bacon; heat through. Yield: 6