I’M delighted to share this flavorful recipe with Reminisce readers. It’s easy, delicious and can be made in very little time. Once you try it, it will become one of your favorite light meals.
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in black-eyed peas and bacon; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Black-Eyed Pea Soup in Reminisce December/January 2008, p48
Reviews for Flavorful Black-Eyed Pea Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review