- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine,apple juice or water
- 1 pound beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen pea pods, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, undrained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce and wine, apple juice or water until smooth; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; set aside.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry the broccoli, carrots, pea pods and onion in 1 tablespoon oil for 1 minute. Stir in water chestnuts. Cover and simmer for 4 minutes; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry beef in remaining oil until meat reaches desired doneness. Return vegetables to pan; toss. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Flavorful Beef Stir-Fry
Sort By :
"Very good but not things you would have on hand. This has to be planned ahead."
"We thought that this was just okay- other than the salty soy sauce (and I did use light), there wasn't a ton of flavor. The cornstarch mixture thickens almost instantly, making the beef cooking process rather...gloppy. The flavor wasn't terrible, or anything, we just didn't find it really special, either. If I do make this again, I will most certainly use frozen broccoli and carrots instead of fresh to cut down on prep time."
"Excellent! Just like what you would get from a good Chinese restaurant. Made this with venison round steak and it turned out really well."
"I just follow the recipe for the sauce and I add frozen vegetables and either chicken or beef"
"Have made this several times. We don't care for the pea pods so I substituted frozen soy beans for them. Think it was tastier and certainly healthier."