"I'm a working mom, so I appreciate meals like this one that I can whip up in no time using whatever vegetables I have on hand," says Tere Abel of Muskegon, Michigan. "What's really great is that even my pickiest eater likes it."
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine,apple juice or water
- 1 pound beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen pea pods, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, undrained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce and wine, apple juice or water until smooth; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; set aside.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry the broccoli, carrots, pea pods and onion in 1 tablespoon oil for 1 minute. Stir in water chestnuts. Cover and simmer for 4 minutes; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry beef in remaining oil until meat reaches desired doneness. Return vegetables to pan; toss. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Beef Stir-Fry in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p19
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Flavorful Beef Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review