This tasty and rich beef stew creates a thick sauce that goes great with bread. I find it much easier to prepare than on the stovetop or in the oven.—jackitt, Taste of Home Online Community,
Recommended: Our Favorite Slow Cooker Beef Recipes
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- Place mushrooms, potatoes, carrots, onion and celery in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, paprika, salt and pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Add to slow cooker.
- Combine the broth, teriyaki sauce, garlic and bay leaf; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Beef Stew in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2009, p28
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Flavorful Beef Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review