Flavorful Beef Stew Recipe
This tasty and rich beef stew creates a thick sauce that goes great with bread. I find it much easier to prepare than on the stovetop or in the oven.jackitt, Taste of Home Online Community,
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the mushrooms, potatoes, carrots, onion and celery.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, paprika, salt and pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Place over vegetable mixture.
- Combine the broth, teriyaki sauce, garlic and bay leaf; pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Beef Stew in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2009, p28
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Flavorful Beef Stew(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2011
We used venison instead of beef. We'll definitely make it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Beef Stew Recipes >
- Beef Stews >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Stew Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >