- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- Place mushrooms, potatoes, carrots, onion and celery in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, paprika, salt and pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Add to slow cooker.
- Combine the broth, teriyaki sauce, garlic and bay leaf; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Beef Stew in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2009, p28
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Flavorful Beef Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2011
"We used venison instead of beef. We'll definitely make it again."